SPECIALTY COFFEES

Coffees   Approximately 170 hectares of Aliança Farm are dedicated to the production of specialty coffees. Among the different varieties cultivated, Catuaí stands out; created from the Yellow Bourbon, it generates a cup with unique features, marked by sweetness.

  The high quality of Aliança Estate coffees result from the perfect soil and climate conditions present in the region allied to the careful work during all stages of production. From the selection of seeds until the last phase of dry processing; all stages are monitored by high-skilled labor and dedicated professionals.

  Aliança Estate currently produces 6,000 bags of high quality coffees. The goal is to double this volume over the next years through new plantings. The Estate plantations are remarkable for their productivity, with yields high above the national average. Today the average yield at Aliança Estate is 40 bags per hectare, with some areas of the farm reaching figures higher than that.

  Aliança coffees are either manually picked or harvested mechanically. The terrain of the region allows for most part of the harvesting to be done with machines, which enhances the efficiency of production. In the steep sloped areas, harvesting requires the agile hands of local workers to hand pick the cherries using a system called “stripping”: all cherries are picked together (“stripped from the branches”) and dropped onto cloths strategically positioned under the coffee trees, to avoid contact with the ground underneath.

  After harvesting, cherries are taken to be cleaned, separated and dried. Drying is initially held on asphalt grounds and completed in rotary mechanical dryers that guarantee a homogeneous drying of the beans, thus preserving the coffee quality.

  All coffee processing is done in modern equipment, at the farm site. Around 60% of the coffees produced at Aliança are natural, processed using the dry method. The remaining 40% are coffees produced according to the pulped natural and washed systems. Each type of coffee presents varied profiles and differentiated attributes, but all of them have the unquestionable quality of Aliança Estate.

  The quality of the coffees produced is monitored closely by professional cuppers with great experience in specialty coffees for exports. Aliança Estate coffees are exported to demanding clients worldwide, such as Illy and Stockler, the Brazilian exporter part of the Neumann Group, which demonstrates the quality of its coffees and its commitment to a consistent high quality production.

Coffees


LABELS

Preparation System:
Natural

Roast:
Good

Cup:
Clean / typical Mogiana coffee

Aroma:
Pleasant

Body:
Marked

Acidity:
Low

Preparation System:
Natural / Pulped natural

Roast:
Good

Cup:
Clean / Balanced

Aroma:
Pleasant

Body:
Round / Creamy

Acidity:
Low

Preparation System:
Natural / Pulped natural

Roast:
Fine

Cup:
Clean / Mild

Aroma:
Pleasant

Body:
Moderate

Acidity:
Mild

VARIETALS

Aliança Estate

Aliança Estate © 2019 - All rights reserved • GSB2 Propaganda